Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE GIRL IN THE BOY'S AND GIRL'S BY ALICE MUNRO

The girl in this short story really interest me because she wants to feel her life freely and live her life to the fullest. I assume that the writer Alice Munro probably modeled after her own childhood experiences on an Ontario farm and tried to develope her own identity in a man's world. When I read through the story, I felt surprise that the character seems to change the real girl's attitude. The girl really respect her father's work and she loved to help him outdoor rather that helping her mother's indoor. She also felt that her father's work as 'ritualistically important'. For me, I felt that I must support her as what she wants to be and it is normal in this democratic world.                                                        
  

No comments:

Post a Comment